2020 4-H Camp-At-Home Contest
- Open to Hancock County 4-H youth 8 years old and in the 3rd grade, or 9 years old and in any grade to age 13 as of January 1, 2020.
- Set up a campsite at your home any time between June 25 and July 5 and camp for at least one night. Youth can set up camp indoors or outdoors. Outdoor camp sites must be located on property the family owns.
- Be creative with camp site set up, campfire, games, crafts, nature, cooking/snacks and other activities!
- At least one photo should include youth entering the contest. Family members are encouraged to join the fun!
- Campers must follow local and state COVID-19 orders.
- One entry per household.
- Submit up to four unique photos and a brief description of your Camp at Home experience via Qualtrics by July 7 at 11:59 p.m. Submission Link: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_exKzFZ1aN6kOW3j
Prizes: 2021 Junior Camp Scholarships
- Winning households can use the scholarship or designate a recipient.
- Counselors’ Choice – Photo collages will be shared with members of the Camp at Home Challenge Committee for voting. The photo collages with the most votes from the committee will be the winners.
- People’s Choice – Photo collages will be posted on the Ohio State – Hancock County 4-H Facebook page on July 13. The photo collages with the most reactions by 12 noon on July 15 will be the winners.
- Prize Breakdown
- 1st Place in Each Category – 2021 Full Camp Scholarship
- 2nd Place in Each Category – 2021 Half Camp Scholarship
- Voting Period: July 8 @ 12 noon through July 15 @ 12 noon.
- Winners will be announced July 22 via the Ohio State – Hancock County 4-H Facebook page.
Hancock County Jr Camp
Hancock County has provided an outstanding Jr Camp (for youth ages 8-14) for MANY years! The 2019 camp dates are June 25-29.
Camp is a fun way to make friends and many youth camping opportunities are available through 4-H. Many camps are open to all youth, regardless of 4-H membership.
Camper Packet - for those registered for camp. Click Here
4-H Camp Ohio
4-H Camp Ohio is near St Louisville OH (approx. 10 miles east of Utica), and is an American Camp Association accredited camp. Click here to visit their website.
Scholarships to Help Youth Attend Camp
Limited financial assistance is available from the Hancock County 4-H Advisory Council (via 4-H Endowment funds).
There are Camp Scholarship Forms and Shooting Sports Camp Scholarship Forms on the Applications and Forms page. Applications are due mid April to the 4-H office. A sincere desire to participate in a 4-H camp experience should be expressed by the 4-H member. Financial need, & other 4-H and citizenship activities are also taken into consideration.