Animal specific resources & opportunities for members; quality assurance & judging information
2020 Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance Training (QA) is required by the Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) for all livestock producers. This includes youth livestock exhibitors. Hancock County Ag Society requires all youth members exhibiting livestock at the Hancock County Fair to complete QA
by July 10 prior to your show, to meet ODA’s requirements. If you are exhibiting at the Ohio State Fair, please be aware, you must complete QA 45 days prior to exhibit. (updated April 2020)
- Youth, age 15 as of January 1, may choose the Quality Assurance test out option. Passing this test, given each February, with at least a 76% will excuse you from QA training for the duration of your 4-H career. If you do not pass this test, you must wait until the following February to retest.
age 12 as of January 1,(updated April 2020) who are officially enrolled in 4-H and/or FFA livestock/food animal projects and who intend to show their project animal at exhibition (e.g., county or state fair) have the option to complete an online Youth for the Quality Care for Animals (YQCA) session. YQCA is in partnership with The Ohio State University’s College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CFAES), OSU Extension 4-H Youth Development program and ODA. For the training to meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA requirement for the project year:
- Youth MUST be
128 years or older as of January 1, 2020 (4-H age). (updated April 2020)
- The online module MUST be completed for the correct 4-H age for the youth. If not, you are required to repay and retake the correct module or attend QA in person.
- The online module must be completed
by July 10prior to first show for Hancock County Fair or 45 daysbefore Ohio State Fair show. (updated April 2020)
- You must complete the annual online session within the QA calendar year (Oct. 1- Sept. 30).
- Youth MUST be
The other online courses do not meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA certification requirements (ie. BQA, PQA, BEST, etc.)
- Youth can go to the following website to take the age-appropriate on-line module for $12. Paid by the individual or family https://yqca.learngrow.io/Account/Login
- Youth will need their oh.4honline.com login and password. This is your family email and password you use to enroll in 4-H. Results will automatically populate on your 4HOnline.com profile.
- There is no online test out option. Youth 15 years old are encouraged to test out at the Extension Office during the month of February.
Attention livestock project members and families, Ohio 4-H and the Ohio Department of Agriculture discussed some changes for this year that will help mitigate the effects the coronavirus is having on holding in-person programming. For livestock quality assurance (QA) for the 2020 year only:
- QA must still be completed before the opening day of exhibition, however the 45-day prior to the opening of the exhibition requirement will not be enforced.
- Youth livestock exhibitors may attend QA Zoom session with 4-H Educator. Click here to be taken to signup.
Livestock Interview appointments
Skillathon studyguides - Check back for 2020
|Thank you note - skillathon guide|
|See Equine page for Horse Skillathon - check back for update|