Information for members with market and breeding sheep projects.
New incentive awards announced for Sewing with Wool and Cooking with Lamb
Thank to the generosity of a private donor, new awards have been established to recognize 4-H members using lamb and wool products. Learn more about these new award programs!
Sheep Project Resources
Just a reminder to all Hancock County Jr Fair exhibitors that all sheep, including wethers, are required to have a scrapie tag from the farm or origin.
- Scrapie Meeting Video - recorded May 7, 2020
- Scrapie record keeping teamplate
- USDA Factsheet - Scrapie Recordkeeping - March 2019
- USDA Approved Tag Manufacturers - February 2020
- How to Reduce Ear Tagging Complications - click here to be taken to the document
- Official ID Types for Sheep and Goats - click here to be taken to the document
|Extension's national interactive learning environment focused on sheep
|Ohio Sheep Improvement Association
|American Lamb Board site
Hancock County Spring Sheep Scholarship
Lamb & Wool Royalty Application
See Junior Fair page by clicking here