Hancock County Food Assistance Resources have been updated for Fall 2022. Click here for the latest listing.
Hancock Farmer's Market is held each Thursday from 4-6 p.m. in the parking lot at the Marathon Center for the Performing Arts, 200 West Main Cross Street, Findlay!
The market cooperative has new vendors and a customer loyalty program.
Why Local Foods?
- In Ohio there is a unique proximity between rural and urban communities
- Ohio has small, medium and large-scale agriculture from rural to urban areas
- Ohio has a wide variety of food products
- All Ohioans are part of the 'food system' just be making daily decisions about what food to eat
- Agriculture is Ohio's number one industry, contributing more than $108 billion to the state's economy. (You can find out more at ohioproud.org)
Support for 'local foods' can continue throughout the year . . . consider supporting local 4-H members by supporting the Jr Fair livestock sale. Contact the Jr Fair Sale office for more information. Thanks to several individuals and partnerships who purchased animals in past Jr Fair sales and donated those meats to local charities such as City Mission and Hope House - - That's a Win-Win!
Recipe for Ohio Farmhouse Chowder which was featured in the Celebrate Local Foods cooking presentation at Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
Garden to Plate Videos
Check out this great set of short videos produced by Shari Gallup, Family and Consumer Sciences Educator in Licking County and Linda James, Culinary Expert, and OSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer
- Garden to Plate - Salsa
- Garden to Plate - Cucumber Dill Dip
- Garden to Plate - Green Beans
- Garden to Plate - Spaghetti Squash
- Garden to Plate - Pesto